Wednesday 12 October 2011

Urban Decay 15th anniversary palette ♥

I suppose you could say this palette is still relatively new and people havnt really got round to getting it yet, so for all you makeup lovers that are are either on the fence about this palette or are just unsure, i thought i would provide some hopefully helpful swatches of the shades, a few pictures, and my opinion on it!



This was so bloody difficult to photograph! Annoying reflections!
 
I think with the packaging theyve tried to make it a little different from their usual palettes, its definetely stands out and looks a bit more flash and expensive looking than the other palettes, but i have to say for storage and practicality its a huge no no for me!! The lid literally attracts marks and finger prints from the mirrored material that its made of, and its rather heavy and chunky. Also for someone who likes to store their palettes in dvd racks/paper dividers, its a pain because it doesnt fit in them with my other palettes! I dont really trust if i was going away anywhere, for the lid to somehow slide off and the shadows end up being ruined from bouncing around my bag, but maybe thats just me being paranoid about wrecking such beautiful eyeshadows!


As you can probably tell, this was a nightmare to picture..

Incase you cant read the names ill do them top to bottom and work my way through the three columns.
1st column: Midnight rodeo, Midnight 15, Vanilla, Flow, Chase
2nd column: Tainted, Junkshow, Omen, Evidence, Deep end
3rd column: Deeper, M.I.A, Ace, Blackout, Half truth

Now i really think this is a gorgeous palette, there are shadows for a range of things, for a toned down, neutral everyday look, and slightly more daring eyeshadows for a wild night out! I have to say i think Deep end is my favourite, its just pure bluey greeny shimmery goodness!! All of the eyeshadows are shimmer, except for Blackout, or im almost sure its supposed to be matte, i think mine has ended up with 1 or 2 flecks of glitter in from me messing around with the other eyeshadows.


L-R: Midnight Rodeo, Midnight 15, Vanilla, Flow, Chase



L-R: Tainted, Junkshow, Omen, Evidence, Deep end






L-R: Depper, M.I.A, Ace, Blackout, Half truth


As expected from Urban Decay shadows, the colour pay off is excellent, they go on like a dream, blend like a dream, and obviously look amazing once on ;) Apart from the annoying chunky palette, i can only say good things about it! It retails at £39 from debenhams, which i think is awesome for such a beutiful palette considering the prices of individual eyeshadows.

Will you be purchasing this palette?

Love, Hol xxx
 

2 comments:

  1. Hi, saw your blog on 'Flaws and All' and I'm now very tempted to buy this palette! The colours look gorgeous and the big case doesn't bother me too much cause I'm not very organised with my make up anyways lol! Excited. :)

    ~ Lauren <3

    http://cosmeticskittensclassrooms.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. For night time eyes or for people who are just in to lovely bright colours it fills a gap in any makeup collection :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all the lovely comments you all leave me. I read every single one, they really make my day. If you want a more direct answer to a question you should follow my twitter - @glittertilly :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...