Friday 9 December 2011

Inglot freedom system palette

I first came across Inglot quite a while ago now from watching xsparkage's youtube channel. It was around the time when i was really very much in to my Mac eyeshadows as i had just got round to getting a Mac palette and had learned how to depot eyeshadows to make your own custom palette etc. So anything that popped up around then to do with custom eyeshadow palettes, i wasn't interested. Plus i thought the hype surrounded Inglot would just fizzle out after a while. However, it has since then came up quite frequently in blogs and on multiple youtube channels and i always find myself clicking on them to have another look! Inglot were always noted for their apparent enormous range of eyeshadows to choose from, even rivaling Macs!

Apparently the only place that sells Inglot is in London's Westfeild shopping center, and since i live in Carlisle, a few hours drive just to get a couple of eyeshadows seems a bit silly haha, So i had to do the next best thing and order from the internet. I'm not going to lie here, I HATE Inglots UK website, I don't know what it is about it, I just don't like it. I cant fault the absoloutly huge range of eyeshadows they have to choose from BUT, I have absoloutly no idea what some of the finishes mean! I don't know if im just being blind and not seeing a description somewhere or if as a makeup addict i should know already what they are (Apart from the obvious ones like Matte, pearl, and shine) But really, what does AMC stand for?! Or DS?! I'm not so keen on them being all numbered either, I was looking at swatches on the internet to see if there was any that took my fancy, I saw loads but for example, if you saw a green eyeshadow with the number 78, the eyeshadows aren't arranged lowest number first on the website, or there is no where you can select a number from a dropdown menu, you would just have to scroll down until you came to the green eyeshadows, and then look at them all closely until you saw the green eyeshadow with that number next to it! This might seem like a pointless rant but i really do want to love Inglot but their website or numbering system does not make it easy to choose your eyeshadows which is why more places need to stock it so you can have a look at them in real life!

With that rant over, i did finally choose four eyeshadows and a quad palette! I really like the packaging, it's sturdy, there is absoloutly no chance of the lid falling off in your bag if your travelling because i swear that the magnets that hold the lid on are like, industrial strength! On another note about the magnets, once you put your eyeshadows in, they're in! Unless you dont mind ruining your eyeshadow by trying to pull them out.. Oh dear I'm really starting to sound like i don't like this companys products! I think I've really said enough on Inglot for now, It's up to you to make up you're own mind but here are a few pictures.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Top left to right : AMC 65, DS 498.
Bottom left to right: SHINE 05, SHINE 24




The eyeshadows are lovely and velvety, also very pigmented. The eyeshadow i was least impressed with was the green colour on the very right of my arm, i found it hard to get a good swatch, or maybe that's just the style of eyeshadow it is. All in all im really impressed with the packaging and the eyeshadows themselves, some things about the website and the numbering system just annoy me! The refill freedom system eyeshadows retail at £4.50 each, and the quad palette cost me £5.00.

I would really, really love to know if anybody else has any Inglot palettes, what they think of the eyeshadows, and what they think of the numbering system! Oh, and their website, maybe I'm just being petty over something little haha.

Love, Hol xxx

UPDATE: If you would like to click here and go on over to Laura's blog, this post talks a little more in depth about the whole AMC thing! Very helpful to those as confused as me :)

5 comments:

  1. This idea is really similar to the FashionistA palette, I think I prefer FashionistA though. I love those two dark eyeshadows though, they look really nice :)

    Frances x
    http://francescassandra.blogspot.com
    Twitter: @Francesss__

    ReplyDelete
  2. i didn't order from the website because i actually hate the website haha! i totally agree with everything you said, and i don't see why they don't just name the products instead of numbering them.

    I own a cream blush from Inglot and the quality is really good the pigmentation is insane!!!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the large 10 pan palette of eyeshadows and it frustrates me more than it really should. I can never get the eyeshadows out even using all the little YT tricks. Oh lord the numbers piss me off I mean you are more likely to remember a shade name than number aren't you! Lovely choices though :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have an Inglot in the shopping centre I always go to so its handy for me. Odd that England would only have one and Ireland has 4 I think. I have two large 10 pan palettes and I have swatches and a review on my blog http://www.lauralovesmakeup.com/2011/07/review-inglot.html
    It explains what AMC and DS are if you'd like to take a look.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the idea you can mix & match! (that is when you can take em out lol) Great idea for presents/travel xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all the lovely comments you all leave me. I read every single one, they really make my day. If you want a more direct answer to a question you should follow my twitter - @glittertilly :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...