Yesterday, Amy from Flaws and all was talking to me about a little something she had up her sleeve called Project Perfect, basically, a blog post/Youtube video about ourselves stating/doing the following things.
1. Post a photo that you like of yourself and say in a couple of sentences why you like it.
1. A photo of myself that I like.
Three things that I don't like about myself, with a positive twist!
- I really don't like my nose! It's probably not something others would notice unless I point it out but I think it's wonky! haha. I always wonder what I would look like with "so and so's" nose, but if I changed that, my face would look completely different! And I'm happy with how I look on the whole :)
- My skin irritates me! It's always really dry, and I NEVER TAN. I just don't tan, ever! I know some people would love for pale skin, and it's saved me from doing any damage on the sunbeds, so thank you skin!
- My eyebrows! They grow completely differently and are such an annoying shape. I started filling in my eyebrows and reshaping them myself, and now I get lots of compliments on them!
Three things that I do like about myself!
- My eyelashes/eyes I never realised they were so long until I started wearing makeup and everybody said they wanted them! As for my eyes, I always used to want brown eyes like my mam, but I decided I liked them alot more with my pale skin :)
- I really like my hair, I always wanted to have really, long, thick, wavy hair, so I grew it for about two years, and now I have just that :)
- My body! Well, I always think I want to go to the gym to lose a few pounds but I think I would miss having boobs and a bum! I think they would be the first to go... :(
So there you have it! There is nothing wrong with having a wobble every now and again, we are just human after all, and there will always be a pressure coming from somewhere, wether it be the media, feeling like you have to look a certain way for some boy, or whatever you worry about! At the end of the day if you can pick out things you dislike but then still say you wouldn't change a thing, that's happiness! Nobody's perfect and everybody's different, so lets support and help eachother out from now on!
If you let Amy know you have joined in with this blog post, she will post your link on the page on her blog which is dedicated to "Project Perfect!"