I've made this cheesecake using this recipe once before, it is one of my all time favourite desserts and it is so simple to make! So I thought why not share the recipe with you lovely lot so you can have a go yourselves...you could maybe even blog about your cheesecake and link it to me ;D
I was using an 8 inch round tin which you can remove the bottom from, I wouldn't advise using any other kind of tin because cheesecakes are a pain to remove! Also, there wasn't going to be enough of the mix to fill the cake tin I was using so I'll list the origional recipe, and you can improvise and add a bit more of each if you want to do an 8 inch tin like me!
You will need:
- 175g Digestive biscuits
- 75g Melted butter
- 300g Soft cream cheese
- 200ml Double cream
- 250g White chocolate
- Anything you may want to decorate with eg. Strawberries!
- Put the digestives in to a sandwich bag and crush with a rolling pin until they're all broken down in to crumbs.
- Melt the butter in a pan, mix in the crushed digestives with the butter. Flatten this mixture on to the bottom of your cake tin using the bottom of a table spoon to push it all down.
- Beat the cream cheese and double cream together while you melt your chocolate. (I find the easiest way to melt chocolate without burning it is to fill up a pan with water, maybe 1cm of it, break your chocolate down in to smallish sections in to a mixing bowl, and place the mixing bowl of chocolate on top of the pan. Make sure the heat is at its lowest and don't burn yourself when you lift the bowl off of the pan!
- Add the melted white chocolate to the double cream and cream cheese mixture and beat together.
- Finally, spoon the mixture on top of the digestive biscuit layer and leave to chill in the fridge over night, or for at least 2/3ish hours (This being the absoloute minimum if you're desperate to eat it, overnight if you can)
When you're done feel free to decorate it however you like! Maltesers, Strawberries, Raspberries, flakes, whatever takes your fancy!
Love, Hol xxx