Friday 27 April 2012

Charity shop midi skirt



Photobucket
Price: £2
Availbility: Charity shop!

Me and my friend Naomi used to look through charity shops all the time, mostly for handbags and shoulder bags, but recently I've been reading a lot of DIY blogs, and I've become fascinated by the way people transform someone's old cast offs in to something stylish and up to date! It inspired me to go back to them, and see what I could find.

The first thing I noticed when I walked in was this skirt, it's a size 12, with an elasticated waist, and looked like it should probably be about floor length. I immediately though high waisted midi skirt! There's no doubt that these days midis and maxis are all the rage, and what was £2 if my idea didn't work out? Luckily, it's worked perfectly! It's a tiny bit baggy around my waist but I think that look works well held together with a nice waist belt.

I'm looking forward to picking up some more bits and peices, and hopefully to have a go at a bit of DIY customising! I hope this has inspired you to go and have a look for some bargains, I've never been more chuffed paying £2 for a skirt in my life!

Holly x


4 comments:

  1. I love this idea too....usually if you don't initially see something that works for you. I usually disregard it but now with lot's of DIY's you can make it work :)


    Love this skirt!

    http://lilylovelock.blogspot.com/

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I'd never think of doing something like that.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a super cute skirt!I think you did a great job.

    Boston Princess

    ReplyDelete
  4. What charity shops do you go to here holly? My mum always used to go to them and would come home with loads of old topshop clothes for like £3 each or something! I'm always dead scared to go in and have a ratch about. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all the lovely comments you all leave me. I read every single one, they really make my day. If you want a more direct answer to a question you should follow my twitter - @glittertilly :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...