Thursday 5 April 2012

Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation





I wear Wake Me Up in 100 Ivory.

It's been about 3 years now since I've bought a high street foundation. Not because I'm a makeup snob, I just found they generally do not last/cover half as well as what high end foundations do. I found there was also a better selection of shades from a brand like Mac than from something like Loreal/Maybelline etc.

Even though I'd really like to try Bourjois Healthy Mix at some point, Wake Me Up seems to have had a little bit of buzz surrounding it too. In comparison to Mac Studio Fix which costs £20, this only costs £8! This seems like SUCH a bargain after such a long time of dropping the £££ on expensive foundations. Although I prefer a more classic, sleek look to foundation packaging, the colouring and design work well to convey a very fun and fresh look. Speaking of fun and fresh, the scent of this foundation is incredible! Fresh and fruity but also incredibly light, not offensive at all, again in comparison to Studio Fix which has a vile smell that my nose has become used to after all these years.

Application was pretty good, slightly streaky with your standard foundation brush, better suited to be buffed in rather than just brushed across your face. There is a definite radiance about it, I wouldn't say it would help me look "awake" if I just rolled out of bed but there is much more of a dewy finish to this than a matte powdery one. Even though I havn't done anything too strenuous today, I'm impressed to see my foundation hasn't been absorbed by my skin and is still doing okay after 5 hours of wear.

All in all I'm pretty sure I'll purchase this again, the finish is similar to that of Clinique's Even Better foundation which is one of my all time favourite foundations, so a winner to me! Have you tried this foundation?

Holly x

8 comments:

  1. Hello :) I've nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award! http://bewitchery.wordpress.com/2012/04/05/versatile-blogger-award/

    Naomi xx
    bewitchery.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im still toying with whether the purchase this. I also like the look of the new borjouis foundation too. Im a new subscriber :)

    Liz
    http://www.aspirationsofglam.blogspot.com
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really love it! Also want to try Bourjous too :) Hello!

      Delete
  3. I have really wanted to try this for so long, it looks really good! I also just tagged you in a post, take a look! Hope it proves how much I love your blog :) xox

    http://myobsessiondujour.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much I will have a look now, glad you enjoy reading it xx

      Delete
  4. I have to wander down to Boots to see if there's a colour match for me in this foundation - all the reviews have been so positive! I've just discovered your blog (via The Sunday Girl) and I just wanted to let you know how much I love it! And oh my goodness, your cake decorating is fantastic! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all the lovely comments you all leave me. I read every single one, they really make my day. If you want a more direct answer to a question you should follow my twitter - @glittertilly :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...