Wednesday 25 April 2012

Estee Lauder Vanilla Truffle lipstick



Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
(Swatches are 3 different lipsticks, read on for more info)
Price: £18.50
Availability: Debenhams, HOF

 I'm SUCH  a sucker for giving in too easily to pretty things when they're talked up by the lady at the counter, especially when they're was SO nice! I absolutely love my nude based lipsticks, but I'll admit £18.50 is a little steep when I already find Mac lipsticks dear (though you can't fault their quality).

First off, if you take a look at my swatch picture, you'll see the insane similarity between Vanilla Truffle, Mac's A Perfect day on the left, and Mac's Shy Girl on the right (leaving Vanilla Truffle in the middle!) So did I need to really buy this and part with £18.50? I don't think so, but any makeup addict would agree with me it's difficult at the time to leave something you find so pretty alone!

You can't fault the amazing quality packaging of this, nor the sweet smell, even the way it applies very creamily, and this is something I would've found AMAZING if I didn't already have so many nudes, but really, I could've gave this one a miss! I'm not saying it isn't gorgeous, because it is, but thinking back I've really overdone it spending so much on one lipstick! The one thing I will say is, if you were dying to get your mits on (and I mean dying enough that you'd want to spend £18.50) on getting Mac's A Perfect Day but you missed it, that and Vanilla Truffle are almost IDENTICAL.

So yeah, I'm a little dissapointed in myself that I caved so easily to buy this, since I never even hear of Estee Lauder lipsticks being bigged up in the blogging world, but because I have so many nudes anyway, I could've given this a miss! It is BEAUTIFUL though and I'll make it my number one priority to wear it as much as I can!

Holly x






6 comments:

  1. i LOVE lauder lipsticks! crystal baby is nice and their signature line cannot be faulted, absolute fave is "portofino coral". good that you've discovered a dupe for perfect day! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emma I'm so glad someone else likes Lauder lippies! Thought people were going to tell me I'd been ripped off! x

      Delete
  2. are the lipsticks similar in texture or anything? as estée lauder owns MAC x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd say it applies very similar (if not the same as) A Perfect Day which is an amplified creme, the finish on the bottom of this Lauder lippy is also creme too! x

      Delete
  3. The packaging of these is so pretty, I'm a sucker for packaging... I wish I could justify spending that much on a lipstick :(

    Frances xx

    http://francescassandra.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a gorgeous lipstick. You can never have too many nudes.
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all the lovely comments you all leave me. I read every single one, they really make my day. If you want a more direct answer to a question you should follow my twitter - @glittertilly :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...